Define Custom Application Attributes
Okta User Profiles and Attributes
Okta tenants provide a variety of attribute functionality which are provided to Access gateway using the IDP datasource.
Within your Okta tenant, for a given Universal Directory you can:
- Store rich profiles of user attributes in Okta.
- Customize these profiles with custom attributes.
- Bi-directionally map and move attributes from Okta and applications.
- Transform attributes prior to storing or moving with a powerful expression language.
For more information on
- Ensure you have administrator rights on your Okta tenant and can assign attributes to users
In a new tab, navigate to your Okta org and sign in as an administrator.
In the Admin Console, go to Directory >Profile Editor.
- In the Actions column, click Profile.
- Click + Add Attribute to add a custom attribute used to send header information through the Sample Header Application.
- Enter a Display name and an appropriate Variable name. For example, the display name can be , for example, Gender and the variable can be gender. Click Save.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > People.
- Select your account under the Person & Username column.
- Click the Profile tab, and click Edit.
- Go to the new attribute, in this example Gender, and enter a corresponding value.
- Click Save.
- How you can integrate directories into your Okta tenant, see Directory integrations.
- How to extend and customize user profiles, see Work with Active Directory attributes.