Okta groups for Access Gateway
All Access Gateway applications require one or more groups. These groups are used to grant or deny access to the protected applications resources. You must define one or more groups representing the sections of your application being protected in your Okta tenant. When a complex policy is required, multiple groups may be required.
- You have administrator rights on your Okta tenant.
- You can assign applications to users and create groups.
You must define one or more groups representing the sections of your application being protected in your Okta tenant. See the Manage access control application policy guide for information on defining fine-grained access policy. You can also define additional attribute field values required by your application. However, they must be outside the values provided by default.
To define groups within your Okta tenant:
- Sign in to your Okta tenant as an administrator.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > Groups.
- Click Add Group.
- Click the name of the newly added group and use the various menu items to add members and manage group membership.
See Users, groups, and profiles for more information on user and group management.