Verify the Okta Browser Plugin is enabled on Internet Explorer
You can perform either of the following procedures to verify that your Okta Internet Explorer plugin is enabled. If the first procedure does not enable your plugin, try the second procedure.
1. Verify that ActiveX Filtering is disabled
- In Internet Explorer, go to Settings > Safety. If ActiveX Filtering is checked, uncheck it.
- Bookmark this page, then close Internet Explorer.
- Restart the browser, then return to this page and click here to verify whether your plugin has been successfully enabled.
2. Manually enable Okta add-ons
- From the gear icon, go to Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- In the Browsing section, make sure Enable third-party browser extensions is selected. If it isn’t, select the option, click OK, restart your computer, and then proceed to step 4.
- From the gear icon, go to Manage add-ons.
- In the Manage Add-ons window, under Show, select All add-ons from the drop-down menu.
- In the right panel, under Okta, Inc, select Okta toolbar and then click Enable.
- Select OktaBHO Class and then click Enable.
- Close the Manage Add-ons window. Bookmark this page, then close Internet Explorer.
- Restart the browser, then return to this page and click here to verify that your plugin has been enabled successfully.
About the Okta Browser Plugin