Preconfigure Site Name and Username with Managed Configurations
To improve the end-user experience, we have added support for managed configurations to allow 3rd party EMM providers to preconfigure the site name (domain) and username for the Okta Mobile apps for Android* and iOS.
*This feature works on Android devices managed by Android for Work.
Admin preconfigures or updates the site name and/or username when a user is not signed-in.
- The user's Sign In screen displays the new sitename and/or username set or updated by the admin.
- The user can change the preconfigured value(s) (for example, if the admin configured incorrect values).
- The user can sign-in when the site name and username are valid.
Admin preconfigures or updates the site name and/or username when a user is already signed-in.
- The user experiences no interruption and can continue using the app as before.
- Users already signed-in are not forced to sign out.
- When the user logs out, the sign-in screen displays the new site name and/or username set by admin.
Admin updates the site name and/or username when Okta Mobile is the active app on the device.
- The site name and/or username are dynamically updated on the Sign In page.