Upload a native Android app to an app store
- The OMM menu is only available to orgs that implement Okta Mobility Management (OMM).
- Procedures documented on this page are only available to customers who have already purchased OMM for their organization. New OMM sales are not supported. For more information, contact Okta Support.
Before You Begin
- Make sure that your Android app has been published in Google Play for Work. See https://support.google.com/googleplay/work/answer/6145139?hl=en.
- If your org uses G Suite, follow the steps to upload your native Android app as shown below; otherwise, see Set up Android enterprise before continuing.
- In the Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications.
Click Add Application.
- Click Create new App.
Select a Sign on method and then click Create:
OIDC - OpenID Connect: An identity layer on top of the OAuth 2.0 protocol. It verifies end-user identity and obtains profile information.
SAML 2.0: Provides Federated Authentication standards that allow end users one-click access to the app.
SWA - Secure Web Authentication
- Click the Mobile tab.
- From the Add Native App drop-down menu, select Android App.
- In the Upload Mobile App screen, enter the App Package ID, then click Configure App.
- Configure any other settings including Permissions (for details, see About Run Time Permissions below), then click Save.
Private apps cannot exceed 4GB.
Your app now appears within the Native Application list under the Mobile tab. Once deployed, it's available to your end users.
- AfW enrollments: For OMM-enrolled users with an AfW enrollment (mandatory for Android 10+ devices; see Announcements), the app appears in a store for managed apps.
- SAFE or Native enrollments: Private apps are not supported on Android SAFE or Native enrollment types.
Other settings available for mobile apps are described in Enabling Access for Mobile Applications.