Generate a random password
Okta's random password generator allows end users to create strong and secure random passwords when they change the passwords of their currently-integrated SWA apps.
- Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari browsers.
- An admin must enable the option User sets username and password in the app's sign-on settings. For more information on setting up an app, see Configure settings for app integrations and Secure Web Authentication.
Okta's random password generator works only on browsers that support secure Crypto interfaces (for example, quirks modes is not supported) and for apps that have already been integrated into Okta. Passwords cannot be generated during account sign-up.
- Sign in to an app that is currently integrated in Okta.
- In the app, navigate to the change password page.
- When you start to change the password, the Okta Change password popup opens. You can do any of the following:
- To accept the suggested password, click Fill form with New Password.
- To generate a new random password, click the curved arrow.
- To change the password length, move the Length slider to your desired length.
- To choose which characters to include in the password, select or clear the Numbers and Symbols checkboxes.
- To use the current password, click Or just fill current password.