Generate a random password
Okta's random password generator allows end users to create strong and secure random passwords when they change the passwords of their currently-integrated SWA apps.
- Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari browsers.
- An admin must enable the option User sets username and password in the app's sign-on settings. For more information on setting up an app, see Using the App Integration Wizard - SWA Apps.
Okta's random password generator only works on browser that support secure Crypto interfaces (IE quirk doc modes are not supported) and for apps that have already been integrated into Okta. Passwords cannot be generated during account sign-up.
- Sign in to an app that is currently integrated in Okta.
- Then, in the app, navigate to the change password page.
- When you begin changing the password, the Okta Change password popup opens. You can choose any of the following:
- To accept the suggested password, click Fill form with New Password.
- To generate a new random password, click the curved arrow.
- To change the password's complexity, click the gear icon for configuration controls.
- To use the current password, click Or just fill current password.