Setup the Okta Browser Plugin to work with Firefox Containers
The Firefox Multi-Account Containers extension allows for you to minimize distractions and categorize the websites you use while browsing. Use the following steps to enable the Okta Browser Plugin to work with containers, allowing you keep your SWA apps organized within your browser.
Ensure that you have added the Firefox Multi-Account Containers extension to your browser before beginning.
- Click the Firefox Containers Icon in your browser.
- Select a container that you want to assign to Okta, and a new tab should created within that container.
- Navigate to your Okta Home and then click the Firefox Containers Icon again.
- Select Always open in to assign the browser plugin to that container.
- Confirm your container assignment when prompted by selecting Remember my decision for this site and then clicking Open in.
If you do not select Remember my decision for this site option, you'll be prompted to make a decision every time you use a SWA application.
- Navigating to a SWA App Directly - If a user navigates to a app managed by Okta directly, whether it be through a bookmarked link or a web search for an exact address, the website will not be categorized into a container.