Map profile attributes
Map profile attributes to associate an app attribute such as company name with a similar attribute in Okta. If you changed an attribute's Source priority to Override profile source, the attribute has a null value and must be mapped. Attributes that are not mapped from the primary profile source have a null value and a value is not pulled from other source apps in the priority list.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > Profile Editor.
- Click Mappings for the app and select Configure User mappings if a list appears.
- Select the App to Okta User tab in the User Profile Mappings dialog box.
- Map attributes:
a. Scroll through the attribute mappings.
b. Ensure that required attributes in the target are mapped. The Okta or app user profile indicates which are required.
c. Use the drop-down to add attributes, or use expressions to add attributes with concatenated or transformed values.
- Optional. Click to set the push frequency for the attribute. See About profile push.
- Optional. Click Preview to check your mappings.
The results are color coded to make issue identification easier. Green indicates valid mapping or valid mapping without a value. Red indicates invalid mapping and an error message is provided to help you resolve the issue. If the column is empty, the attribute is not mapped.
- Click Save Mappings and Apply updates now.