Override an app username
Change the default app username mapping to meet the specific requirements of your org. You initially define the default username format on the app Sign-on or Provisioning tabs of the app.
If you attempt to change the default username and User sets username and password is selected on the Sign On page, an error occurs.
For Active Directory, the username is referred to as common name (cn).
- In the Admin Console, go to .
- Select Apps in the Filters list.
- Click Mappings for the app, and then select Configure User mappings if a list appears.
- Select the [app name] to Okta User tab.
- Click Use default username setting for Okta user.
- Click Override with mapping.
- Select an attribute from the dropdown list, or enter an expression to create the app username.
- Optional. Click to set the push frequency for the attribute.
- Click Save Mappings and then Apply updates now.