Application Inventory for macOS
- The OMM menu is only available to orgs that implement Okta Mobility Management (OMM).
- Procedures documented on this page are only available to customers who have already purchased OMM for their organization. New OMM sales are not supported. For more information, contact Okta Support.
The Application Inventory page lists the applications that your users have installed on their macOS devices. This page helps you to:
- Collect data for software audits, to avoid costs associated with exceeding software license terms .
- Eliminate the need for tools that track contracts and licenses.
- Assess the security state of end user macOS devices. If a bad app is detected, organizations can deprovision enterprise data from insecure devices.
- Quickly identify compromised devices.
Access Application Inventory
- In the Admin Console, go to .
- If the feature is not enabled, click Enable for Application Reporting.
If macOS devices enroll after application reporting is enabled, they will report end-user-installed applications in real-time. However, if devices enroll before application reporting is enabled, it may take up to 24 hours before they begin to report.
Download a CSV file containing device data for all apps
Click Download CSV.
Export device data for an app
Click an app's Device Count link.