Clear or reset your device passcodes
You can view clear or reset device passcodes for users enrolled in Okta Mobility Management (OMM).
For Android devices, use Okta Mobile 1.2.8 or later.
For iOS devices, use Okta Mobile 4.2 or later.
If mobile data connection (3G, 4G, LTE, or 5G) isn't available, iOS devices might not receive the Clear Password command after reboot or reset. iOS devices connect to WiFi only after users enter a passcode. See Can't remove iPad passcode through the "Clear Passcode" command in the Admin Console.
In the Admin Console, go to .
- In the Device Name & User column, click the device you want to reset.
- On the Device Attributes page, click Device Actions.
- Depending on the device type, complete one of the following:
- For iOS, click Clear Passcode. The user has one hour to set up a new password.
- For Android, enter the new password you want to assign to the device, and then click Reset Passcode. The user has one hour to set up a new password.
The following table summarizes support for the Clear and Reset passcode options on Android devices:
Device and passcode type
Android OS earlier than 7.0
Android OS 7.0 or later
Android for Work
Android for Work
Non-Android for Work
(SAFE and native Android devices)
Clear Passcode: Supported by Okta
Reset Passcode: Supported by Okta
Clear Passcode: Not supported. The option isn't available in the menu.
Reset Passcode: Supported. When resetting the passcode of a Samsung SAFE or native Android device, ensure the passcode that you enter complies with the General Android Device Passcode requirements configured in the Platform Rule (OMM > OMM Policies). If you enter a non-compliant passcode in the New Passcode field, a success message may display after you click Reset Passcode. However, the non-compliant passcode doesn't work and the user can't access apps.