OMM known issues
- The OMM menu is only available to orgs that implement Okta Mobility Management (OMM).
- Procedures documented on this page are only available to customers who have already purchased OMM for their organization. New OMM sales are not supported. For more information, contact Okta Support.
- (Applies to Android devices running versions 7.1 or 7.1.1; fixed in 7.1.2) - After an admin strengthens a group's work profile passcode policy, end users are prompted to update their passcode to comply with the updated policy. However, when end users respond to the prompt, their device passcode is updated instead of their work profile passcode. If the end user's Security settings allow different device and work profile passcodes, they are prompted continually to update their work profile passcode until they change it in their device settings.
- On November 1, 2020 Google ended support for Native Android and Samsung SAFE enrollment types. Okta will no longer support Native Android and Samsung SAFE enrollment types in OMM policy rules on devices running Android 10 or later. Native Android and Samsung SAFE enrollment options will continue to work for Android 9 and earlier devices. Do the following:
- If you configure new OMM policy rules, make sure to select the Android for Work enrollment type so that users on Android 10+ devices can enroll and remain compliant.
- Check your existing OMM policy rules and update any that are currently configured with the Native Android and/or Samsung SAFE options to make sure that they also include the Android for Work option so that users on Android 10+ devices can enroll and remain compliant.
- To force Android 10+ users to re-enroll to the Android for Work enrollment option, go to the Okta OMM devices dashboard (OMM > Okta Mobility Management) and un-enroll any Android 10+ device users that may be enrolled with the Native Android or Samsung SAFE enrollment options.
See the Announcement Log.