Configure the CSV directory integration import settings
You can set up regular imports on the CSV Directory app page.
- Make sure that your CSV file is properly formatted, and corresponds with the attributes you configured in the Profile Editor.
- Comma is the only delimiter that is currently supported. If a value for a specific field has a comma present (for example, 1 Main Street, Boston, MA), those comma values can be ignored by placing neutral quotes (" ") around them (1 Main Street"," Boston"," MA).
- The Unique Identifier must be included within your set of attributes imported from the CSV file. The headers within your CSV must be an exact match with the variable names that correspond to those attributes you want to map from the CSV file to the Okta user.
- In the Admin Console, go to and select your CSV Directory app.
- Click the Provisioning tab.
- Select To Okta in the Settings list.
You can configure matching rules, configure username generation rules, and determine if you want these users sourced from the CSV Directory app. You can also schedule recurring imports.
When Profile Sourcing is enabled, attributes imported from the CSV directory cannot be edited in Okta.