Sample cookie application
The purpose of this tutorial is to walk through the process of setting up a sample cookie application through the Access Gateway Admin Console.
- Access Gateway is installed and configured for use.
See Manage Access Gateway deployment.
- Access Gateway has been configured to use your Okta tenant as IDP.
See Configure your Okta tenant as Identity Provider for more information about configuring your Okta tenant as an IDP.
- You have administrator rights on your Okta tenant and can assign applications to users, and create groups.
Appropriate DNS entries exist for the application.
- Navigate to your Access Gateway Instance and sign in as admin.
- Click the Applications tab
- Click + Add to add a new application.
Select the Access Gateway Sample Cookie option from the left column menu, and click Create.
The New Protected Application wizard will start and display the Setting tab for the application being added.
In the Essentials pane specify the following:
Field Value Label A name for the application. Default is Sample Cookie App. Public Domain A fully qualified host name such as cookie.<your domain tld> Group Enter the group containing the users who should have access to the application. Description [optional] An appropriate description for your application.
Access Gateway will add the new application and then redirect to the Applications tab.
Select IDP Initiated from the drop down menu to verify the application is working.
Your Okta tenant administrator may need to assign the cookie application to you.
- In the application page, review and verify that the Sample Cookie App sent to Okta matches your profile information.
Access Gateway inserts the cookie header into the request before it is sent to the back-end web application.
- For information about the generic header application please see Add a generic header application.
- For information about the sample header application please see Add a sample header application.
- For information on the sample policy application please see Add a sample policy application.
- Add or review application essential settings. For more details see About application essentials and Manage application essentials.
- Add application behaviors. For details and examples of behaviors see About application behaviors.
- Add fine grained policy to further protect resources. An overview of user policy can be found in About application policy.
For details and examples of policy see Manage application policy .
- Extend existing policy using Custom configuration, see Advanced Access Gateway Policy.
- Define one or more certificates for use with this application. See Configure certificates.
- Add supplemental database or LDAP based data stores. For more information see Administer data stores.