Okta groups for Access Gateway
All Access Gateway applications require one or more groups. These groups are used to grant or deny access to the protected applications resources. Within your Okta Tenant you will need to define one or more groups representing the sections of your application being protected. When complex policy is required multiple groups may be required.
- You have administrator rights on your Okta tenant and can assign applications to users, and create groups.
Within your Okta Tenant you will need to define one or more groups representing the sections of your application being protected. See the policy guide for information on defining fine grained application policy. In addition you may define additional attribute field values required by your application but outside those provided by default.
To define groups within your Okta tenant:
- Login to your Okta tenant as administrator.
- Select Directory > Groups.
- Using the Add Group button, create one or more groups.
- Click the name of the newly added group and use the various menu items to add, and otherwise manage group membership.
User and group management is outside the scope of this document. See Users, Groups, and Profiles for details of user and group management.