Prepare Image for deployment to OCI
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure cannot import the Access Gateway OVA unchanged.
- Start VirtualBox
- Choose File > Import Appliance
- Navigate to the downloaded Access Gateway OVA file, and click Open
- Click Continue.
- In the Appliance Settings dialog specify the following values:
Field Value Name An appropriate name for the OVA such as AccessGateway4.5 MAC Address Policy Select Generate New MAC addresses for all network adapters
Import hard drives as VDI
- Click Import.
Wait for the import to complete.
- From the virtual machine list, select the name of the Virtual Machine just imported.
- Right click and choose Export to OCI.
- Select Open Virtualization Format 2.0.
- Ensure that the file name for the export ends in OVA.
- Under MAC Address Policy, select Include all network adapter MAC addresses.
- Click Continue
- Click Export.
Its possible to export a Virtual Box image directly to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure from Virtual Box. Follow the instructions for configurating a profile as described in Setup Oracle OCI Command Line as well as creating a compartment and storage bucket. After which follow the Export directly to OCI from Virtual Box instructions.