Okta Attributes for Access Gateway
Attributes are used to Access Gateway for authentication, authorization and policy decisions. In addition attributes are passed between Access Gatewayand its protected applications in the form of header, cookie and similar fields. Custom Okta Tenant attributes may be required to integrate or extend applications.
- You have administrator rights on your Okta tenant and can assign attributes to users
- Sign in to your Okta tenant as administrator.
- Click Directory > Profile Editor.
- Click Profile in the Actions column.
- Click + Add Attribute to add a custom attribute that will be used to send header information through the Sample Header Application.
- Enter a Display name, for example Gender ,and an appropriate Variable name, again for example gender. Click Save.
- Click Directory > People.
- Select your account under the Person & Username column.
- Click the Profile tab, and click Edit.
- Scroll down to the new attribute, in this example Gender, and enter a corresponding value.
- Click Save.
- Add or review application settings. For more details see Application Settings.
- Add application behaviors. For details and examples of behaviors see Administer Behaviors.
- Add fine grained policy to further protect resources.
An overview of user policy can be found in Application Policy User Overview.
For details and examples of policy see Administration User Policy Guide.
- Extend existing policy using Custom configuration, see Advanced Policy.
- Define one or more certificates for use with this application. See Certificate Management
- Add supplemental database or LDAPLightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) is a lightweight client-server protocol for accessing directory services, specifically X.500-based directory services. LDAP runs over TCP/IP or other connection oriented transfer services. based data stores. For more information see Administer DataStores