Setup Access Gateway using Oracle VirtualBox
The purpose of this guide is to walk you through the process of installing the Access Gateway virtual appliance using Oracle VirtualBox.
For a complete list of all supported installation targets see Setup Access Gateway Using an OVA Image
- You have reviewed all Prerequisites for Deploying Access Gateway
To download the latest Okta Access Gateway OVA Image
See Okta Support to both enable this feature and for a link to the latest Okta Access Gateway OVA image file.
To Import to Oracle VirtualBox:
Open Oracle VirtualBox.
Select File > Import Appliance.
Click the folder icon to browse to the directory where the OVA file is stored.
Select the Okta Access Gateway OVA file, and click Open.
Specify Name "Access Gateway" and and verify Guest OS Type is set to Red Hat (64-bit).
Select the Reinitialize the MAC address of all network cards option, and click Import.
VirtualBox will begin the import process.
Click Start to start the VM.
After Okta Access Gateway has been installed there are a number of common post installation tasks that should be performed.
- Determine the IP Address of the Okta Access Gateway virtual application.
- Configure admin /etc/hosts entry
- Initialize the Command Line console
- Reset Passwords
- Initialize Access Gateway Admin UI Console
- Configure DNS
- Add Applications
- See Okta Access Gateway Post Installation for a complete task list.
- See Access Gateway Command Line Management Console Reference for a complete list of management console commands.
- See Access Gateway Admin UI Console Overview for an overview of the Access Gateway UI console.