Configure group sync
After configuring SCIM for Advanced Server Access, you'll want to sync your groups from Okta to Advanced Server Access to provision roles and membership.
To configure group sync:
Create some users and groups in Okta and assign the groups to the Advanced Server Access application. See Assign an application to a group.
Note: Any users and groups that were created in Advanced Server Access before configuring SCIM must be removed and then re-added in Okta for them be managed automatically.
In the Okta admin dashboard, open the Okta Advanced Server Access application and click the Push Groups tab. From this tab, you can configure any Okta group to be automatically synced with the downstream Advanced Server Access application.
- Click Push Groups > Find groups by name.
- Enter the name of a group to push from Okta to Advanced Server Access. Click the group when it appears in the search results to add it to the list of groups to push. If Push group membership immediately is selected, the group will be immediately pushed to Advanced Server Access after saving these changes.
- Repeat the previous step for each additional group that you want to sync to Advanced Server Access.
- Click Save to finish adding groups to the list.
- To activate group push for a group whose membership was not immediately pushed, click Inactive > Activate group push.
After group push is activated for a group, the sync takes place immediately and the group's Push Status entry changes to Active after the push is complete.