Assign Office 365 to Individual Users
There are two methods by which you can assign the Office 365 application to a user: through the application and through the user profile.
Assign Office 365 to Users through the App
- Select Applications, then from the list below select the Office 365 application you wish to assign to a user. Note that if you have multiple DNS domains in Office 365, you will have multiple Office 365 applications listed. Make sure you chose the right one.
Go to Assignments tab > People tab.
- A list of all usersIn Okta literature, we generally refer to "users" as the people who serve as Okta administrators. When we refer to "end users" we are generally referring to the people who the administrators serve. That is, those who use Okta chiclets to access their apps, but have no administrative control. in Okta will be displayed. You can either chose by scrolling down the list, or you can search for users either by their attribute or you can search for a group and list the users in that group from which to assign the appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in.. Select the user/s you wish to assign to Office 365.
- If you have provisioning enabled, you will be asked to provide some information.
- What license in Office 365 to assign to the user/s. Most commonly you will see just one license type here, but if you have multiple different license subscriptions in Office 365, you can chose them from here. More about licensing below.
- You can decide to assign any Office 365 administrative roles to the user/s.
- For each user you are assigning to the application you can specify the Username. The Username defaults to whatever has been set on the single sign on page. However it is possible to override if you need.
- When you confirm assignments, Okta will enable those users to login to Office 365. If you have provisioning enabled, Okta will create the accounts in Office 365.
Assign Office 365 to Users through User Profile
Note that in the above method you can choose many users in one action, the method below limits you to a single user at a time:
- Click on the People tab and by using the search field and applying filters, locate the user you want to assign.
- Click on the user and it defaults to the Applications tab. From here you can click on the Assign Applications button. You will then be required to enter in the same information as the process above.
- Clicking Save will assign the app to the user.