Federation Broker Mode known limitations
This is an Early Access feature. To enable it, contact Okta Support.
The following are the known limitations of Federation Broker Mode:
- Federation Broker Mode is only available for custom SAML and OIDC app integrations, not for those available in the OIN.
- Provisioning isn't enabled for the app integration when using this mode.
- Unsupported tabs such as Provisioning, Imports, Group Push, and Mobile are hidden.
- Apps are available to users through SP-initiated flows only.
- If an app was assigned before Federation Broker Mode is enabled, existing app data might be lost. Mappings from Okta to app user profiles remain and are rebuilt when the user signs in to the app.
- Apps do not appear on the Okta End-User Dashboard.
- The app Assignments tab no longer lists user assignments.
- Specific app assignment is not possible.
- The Current Assignments and Recent Unassignments reports are not available.