Automatically update an application username
If you have overridden the existing application user name format, you can use selective attribute push to continuously update appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. user names as user profile information changes. For example, if a user is assigned to an app that uses an email address as the user name format, Okta can automatically update the email address when the email address changes. This functionality applies to all apps and is not limited to apps with provisioning capabilities.
- On the Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console, click Directory > Profile Editor.
- Select Apps in the FILTERS list.
- Select Mappings for the app.
- Choose the mapping direction Okta to App.
- Click next to userName and select Apply mapping on user create and update.
- Click Save Mappings and Apply updates now.