Automatically update an application username
- On the Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console, click Directory > Profile Editor.
- Select Apps in the FILTERS list.
- Select Mappings for the appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in..
- Choose the mapping direction Okta to App.
- Click next to userName and select Apply mapping on user create and update.
- Click Save Mappings and Apply updates now.