Configure enhanced group push
To demonstrate how to configure Enhanced Group Push, this procedure uses G Suite, but Enhanced Group Push is also available for the following integrations:
Active DirectoryActive Directory (AD) is a directory service that Microsoft developed for the Windows domain networks. It is included in most Windows Server operating systems as a set of processes and services. Initially, Active Directory was only in charge of centralized domain management., Adobe CQ, Box, DocuSign, Dropbox for Business, Jira , Jira On-Prem, Jive Software, Litmos, Org2Org, ServiceNow UD, Slack, Smartsheet, Workplace by Facebook, Zendesk.
- Access your Okta instance of G Suite (Google Apps).
- Click Refresh AppAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. GroupsGroups allow you to organize your end users and the apps they can access. Assigning apps to large sets of end users is made easier with groups. to update any imports or changes that occurred in the third-party app. This ensures that all groups from the target app are represented in Okta.
- Click the Action button (Group Push Settings) if you want the ability to rename a group in the third-party app when linking.
- Choose the Push Groups tab.
- In the By name column, use a keyword to find the group in Okta.
- When the group appears in the table, click the Match results and push action drop-down menu to:
- Create Group: This group does not exist in the target app, but it can now be pushed from Okta to the app. This is group push without enhanced functionality.
- Link Group: This group does exist in the target app, but it is now linked to Okta and shown under the Group in Google Apps column. Use the drop-down menu to find an existing group in the target app by keyword.