Configure enhanced group push to delete application groups
You can use enhanced group push to delete groupsGroups allow you to organize your end users and the apps they can access. Assigning apps to large sets of end users is made easier with groups. imported from provisioning-enabled apps. To do so, you must first create a new group in Okta and link it to the appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. group that you want to delete.
To delete groups imported from applications that do not support enhanced group push, see Import groups.
To create a new group in Okta:
- In the AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console, click Directory > Groups.
- On the Groups page, click Add Group.
- Enter a name and description that you can associate with the app group you want to delete, and then click Add Group.
To link your Okta group to the app group you want to delete:
- In the Admin Console, click Applications > Applications.
- Select the app that contains the group you want to delete. In the Push Groups tab, click Refresh App Groups.
- Click Push Groups, and then select Find groups by name. Search for the new Okta group.
- In the Match result and push action drop-down menu, select Link Group, and then choose the app group that you want to delete. Click Save. The linked app group is now owned by your Okta group.
To delete the app group:
- In the Admin Console, click Directory > Groups.
- Select the Okta group that you linked to the app group. On the Group page, click Delete Group.
- Open your Okta instance of the app and verify that the app group has been deleted.You can use