Override an application username
The override option lets you override the existing application user name format.
- On the Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console, click Directory > Profile Editor.
- Select Apps in the FILTERS list.
- Select Mappings for the appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in..
- Choose the mapping direction App to Okta.
- Click Override with mapping.
- Select an attribute from the drop-down or enter an expression to create the app username.
- Click Save Mappings and Apply updates now.