This is an Early AccessEarly Access (EA) features are opt-in features that you can try out in your org by asking Okta Support to enable them. Additionally, the Features page in the Okta Admin Console (Settings > Features) allows Super Admins to enable and disable some EA features themselves. feature. To enable it, please contact Okta Support.
When you set up ProvisioningProvisioning is the enterprise-wide configuration, deployment, and management of multiple types of IT system resources. Specifically, provisioning provides users access to equipment, software, or services. This involves creating, maintaining and deactivating required business process automation objects and attributes in systems, directories, and applications. to import users from an appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. or from a CSV Directory to Okta, you can set up a schedule for imports at regular intervals on an hourly, daily, or weekly basis. If your app supports incremental imports, then you can set up both full and incremental import schedules.
This integration applies to all non-AD and LDAPLightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) is a lightweight client-server protocol for accessing directory services, specifically X.500-based directory services. LDAP runs over TCP/IP or other connection oriented transfer services. applications that support imports, such as CSV Directory, Workday, SuccessFactors, BambooHR, Salesforce, and so on.
Setting import schedules enables you to:
- Know the exact time at which your imports occur for specific apps.
- Set up recurring imports at specified times in a week, at specific times, within a specific time zone.
- Schedule full and incremental imports on separate schedules for apps that support incremental imports, such as Workday and SuccessFactors.
To set up the import schedule:
- Go to Applications > Applications or Directory > Directory Integrations, and select the app or CSV Directory from which you want to import users.
- Select Provisioning > To Okta.
- Edit the General section to select your import schedule from the Full Import Schedule drop-down, and from the Incremental Import Schedule where applicable. Screenshot
- Click Save.