Troubleshooting group push
The most important concept to understand in pushing groupsGroups allow you to organize your end users and the apps they can access. Assigning apps to large sets of end users is made easier with groups. is that pushed groups are managed from Okta. Making changes from the target appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. causes a misalignment with Okta and create a number of problems. Some can be diagnosed through the Errors page, while others may not.
When an error occurs, alerts appear to diagnose the problem. An red error panel and menu appear to list possible issues.
- The red Information button displays the "time of failure" details and the probable cause.
The Retry All Groups appears and allows you to simultaneously re-push the groups after corrections are made.
If you have successfully pushed a group to the target app, but the assigned group members do not appear, verify that one of the following is true:
- The target app has been added to the new group.
- All group members of the new group are assigned to the target app (even if the group itself was not yet assigned).
- All group members appear as users in the target app.
If some group members are assigned to the target app and others are not, only successfully assigned members will appear in the target app.
To recover, you must delete the pushed group and reinstate the target app memberships.
- Click the Active / Inactive status button and choose Delete pushed group in app.
- Choose the Leave the group in the target app option.
- Run an import from the target app.
- Retry the push.