Register for an Okta account
Ready to start using Okta? If you've received a Welcome to Okta email, your account has already been created. In the welcome email, click Activate Account and then complete your profile.
If you haven't received a Welcome to Okta email, your administrator has set up self-registration.
Steps to register
If you're a new Okta user and your organization requires you to create your own account, follow these steps:
- In your web browser, go to your organization's URL.
- On the Okta Sign In page, click Sign up.
- On the Create Account page, enter the following information:
- First name
- Last name
Note:Your organization may require additional profile fields, and field names may vary.
- Click Register.
- Check your email. Click the link in your Welcome to Okta message.
Your account is created. The primary email address that you provided is also your username.
There are two places to complete your profile.
Your org Sign In page
If you verified your address in the Welcome to Okta email, you are redirected to the Sign In page.
- Enter your Username and Password, and then click Sign In. Remember that your primary email address is also your username.
- On the Welcome page, complete the following fields.
- Choose a forgot password question.
- Optional. Add a phone number so that Okta can send account recovery instructions using SMS.
- Choose a security image. This image appears on your organization's sign-in page so that you can be sure you're signing in to a trusted site.
If you activated your account in the Welcome to Okta email, you are directed to your End User Dashboard.
- Click the menu by your name, and then select Settings.
- On the Account page, click Edit in any of the boxes that you want to complete.
- Update your Personal Information.
- Choose a security image.
- Set up Okta Verify.
- Change your display language.
- Change your password.
- Select and answer a forgotten password question.
- Add a phone number to receive forgotten password text messages.