Connect your applications
This Early Adopter Program feature is available to selected customers only. If you're interested in participating in Okta Workflows EAP, ask your Customer Success Manager to check for availability.
When you build a Flow, connections authorize Okta to interact with your target application. Each application controls access in different ways--some use API tokens and others use OAuth scopes. Each user has a different access level depending on their permission level in that application.
Authenticate your Okta account before you do anything else in the Workflows console. You only need to do it once. This task requires you to copy information from your AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console to the Workflows console, so be sure to keep Admin Console open .
- In Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications.
- Select Okta Workflows OAuth, and then open the Sign On tab. Keep this page open, and continue to step 3.
- In Admin Console, go to Workflow > Workflows console.
- In Workflows console, click New Connection.
- In the Connection Nickname field, enter the display name that you want to appear in your connector list.
- In the DomainA domain is an attribute of an Okta organization. Okta uses a fully-qualified domain name, meaning it always includes the top-level domain (.com, .eu, etc.), but does not include the protocol (https). field, enter your Okta orgThe Okta container that represents a real-world organization.'s domain, without http:// and -admin, if applicable. For example, if the URL is http://organization-admin.okta.com, your domain is organization.okta.com.
- In Admin Console, copy the clientEssentially, a client is anything that talks to the Okta service. Within the traditional client-server model, Okta is the server. The client might be an agent, an Okta mobile app, or a browser plugin. ID from the Okta Workflows OAuth appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in.. Return to Workflows console, and paste it in the Client ID field of the Connection window.
- In Admin Console, copy the client secret from the Okta Workflows OAuth app. Return to Workflows console, and paste it in the Client Secret field of the Connection window.
- In Workflows console, click Create.
Connect other applications
With your Okta account authenticated, you can now start building Flows to other applications. Connection requirements vary by application, but all require a Connection Nickname so that you can create multiple accounts (for example, admin or end user).
There are two ways to set up connections:
- On the Settings page in Workflows console, click New Connection. Click the icon of the app you want to connect, and enter the required information. App-specific help is available in this window by clicking Need Help?
- In Workflows console, click New Flow.When you add an event or action for an unauthorized app, the card prompts you to connect. Click New Connection, and enter the required information. App-specific help is available in this window by clicking .
After the connection is authorized, you can add that app to any flow without reentering credentials. When you choose an event or action card, simply select the connection you want to use, and click Done. If your connection is lost, reauthorize by following the instructions above.