Okta Mobile Connect
Okta Mobile Connect (OMC) is the Okta Mobile appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. single sign-on (SSOAn acronym for single sign-on. In a SSO system, a user logs in once to the system and can access multiple systems without being prompted to sign in for each one. Okta is a cloud-based SSO platform that allows users to enter one name and password to access multiple applications. Users can access all of their web applications, both behind the firewall and in the cloud, with a single sign in. Okta provides a seamless experience across PCs, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.) solution. OMC provides SSO to native mobile applications. Once usersIn Okta literature, we generally refer to "users" as the people who serve as Okta administrators. When we refer to "end users" we are generally referring to the people who the administrators serve. That is, those who use Okta chiclets to access their apps, but have no administrative control. have established a session in Okta Mobile, signing into any mobile app is as simple as entering an email address or company domain.
- Okta Mobile Connect is included with Okta’s SSO product. To use it, you either need Okta Support to enable Mobile SSO for your orgAn abbreviation of organization, but can also be thought of as a company. A company that uses Okta as their SSO portal is generally referred to as an org. As an administrator, you decide how Okta should be displayed and/or integrated with your org., or you need to purchase Okta Mobility Management.
- OMC is currently only available for iOS devices.
- There is a Known Issue concerning this solution. For details, see Apple iOS update causes failure in Okta Mobile Connect.
When enabling OMC for your org:
- Ensure both the IDPAn acronym for Identity Provider. It is a service that manages end user accounts analogous to user directories such as LDAP and Active Directory, and can send SAML responses to SPs to authenticate end users. Within this scenario, the IdP is Okta.- and SPAn acronym for service provider. Generally, an SP is a company, usually providing organizations with communications, storage, processing, and a host of other services. Within Okta, it is any website that accepts SAML responses as a way of signing in users, and has the ability to redirect a user to an IdP (e.g., Okta) to begin the authentication process.-initiated SAMLAn acronym for Security Assertion Markup Language, SAML is an XML-based standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP). The SAML standard addresses issues unique to the single sign-on (SSO) solution, and defines three roles: the end user, the IDP, and the SP. flows are correctly configured for the app.
- From the Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Dashboard, select the app from the Application tab, select the app's Mobile tab, and then select the check box to enable mobile access.
Note that the Mobile tab and check box applies to both mobile app provisioning for OMMAn acronym for Okta Mobility Management. OMM enables you to manage your users' mobile devices, applications, and data. Your users enroll in the service and can then download and use managed apps from the Apps Store. Managed apps are typically work-related, such as Box or Expensify. As an administrator, you can remove managed apps and associated data from users' devices at any time. You can configure policies, such as data sharing controls, on any of your managed apps. See Configuring Okta Mobility Management for more information. as well as mobile app SSO for OMC.
For detailed instructions, click either of the following app names.
- Open the Box mobile app.
- Scroll through the tutorial intro until you see Log In button appear.
- Enter a username.
- Click Log In.