Preconfigure Site Name and Username with Managed Configurations
To improve the end-user experience, we have added support for managed configurations to allow 3rd party EMM providers to preconfigure the site name (domain) and username for the Okta Mobile apps for Android† and iOS.
†This feature works on Android devices managed by Android for Work.
Admin preconfigures or updates the site name and/or username when a user is not signed-in.
- The user's Sign In screen displays the new sitename and/or username set or updated by the admin.
- The user can change the preconfigured value(s) (for example, if the admin configured incorrect values).
- The user can sign-in when the site name and username are valid.
Admin preconfigures or updates the site name and/or username when a user is already signed-in.
- The user experiences no interruption and can continue using the app as before.
- Users already signed-in are not forced to sign out.
- When the user logs out, the sign-in screen displays the new site name and/or username set by admin.
Admin updates the site name and/or username when Okta Mobile is the active app on the device.
- The site name and/or username are dynamically updated on the Sign In page