Okta typically ends support for the oldest Apple-supported version of iOS two months after Apple releases a new version of iOS. (Source: Wikipedia.)
The oldest version of iOS that we support is iOS 11, released on September 19, 2017.
After Okta ends support for a particular version of iOS, existing installations of Okta Mobile or Okta Verify on that version are unaffected for the short-term, but we encourage customers to move their end-users off of older versions of iOS to avoid possible incompatibility issues. Installing Okta Mobile or Okta Verify on unsupported versions of iOS may not be possible.
- Okta currently supports iOS versions 11.x and 12.x.
- Okta support for 10.x ended on November 17, 2018.
- Okta currently supports Android versions 4.4.x and higher.
- October 9, 2019, no new releases: After this date, Okta will no longer release new features to Android OS versions below 6.0. We will continue to maintain existing features and provide bug fixes.
- December 31, 2019, end of support date: For all Okta products, after this date, admins will not be able to submit support cases for issues or bugs for problems occurring on Android OS versions below 6.0.
Note: Beginning in October 2019, Okta's support for Android operating systems versions below 6.0 will change. More
After December 31, 2019, Okta will end support for all Okta products on Android operating systems versions below 6.0. Accordingly, Okta recommends that you direct your end usersIn Okta literature, we generally refer to "end users" as the people who have their own Okta home page (My Applications), using apps to authenticate into all of their apps. End users do not have any administrative control. When we refer to "users" we are generally referring to the individual(s) who have administrative control. to update their Android devices to a supported version (6.0 or higher) before that date.
Dates and Impacts
Okta products will continue to function on Android versions below 6.0, but end users will not be able to reinstall or upgrade Okta Mobile or Okta Verify until their device is on a supported version. After Okta support ends, Okta expects no immediate change to the existing end-user experience. New users on unsupported Android versions will not be able to view or download Okta apps from the appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. store until they upgrade to an Okta-supported version of Android.
- Okta support for version 4.0.4 ended on January 16, 2017.
- Android for Work (AfW) is supported on Android versions 5.1.1 and higher.