Okta-supported versions of Apple and Android operating systems
Okta typically ends support for the oldest Apple-supported version of iOS two months after Apple releases a new version of iOS. The oldest version of iOS that we support is iOS 11, released on September 19, 2017.
After Okta ends support for a particular version of iOS, existing installations of Okta Mobile or Okta Verify on that version are unaffected for the short-term, but we encourage customers to move their end-usersIn Okta literature, we generally refer to "users" as the people who serve as Okta administrators. When we refer to "end users" we are generally referring to the people who the administrators serve. That is, those who use Okta chiclets to access their apps, but have no administrative control. off of older versions of iOS to avoid possible incompatibility issues. Installing Okta Mobile or Okta Verify on unsupported versions of iOS may not be possible.
- Okta currently supports iOS versions 11.x and 12.x.
- Okta support for 10.x ended on November 17, 2018.
MacOS (OS X) and macOS
- Okta currently supports MacOS (OS X) versions 10.10 (Yosemite) and 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Okta currently supports macOS versions 10.12 (Sierra) and 10.13 (High Sierra).
Okta supports watchOS versions 5.x and higher.
- Okta currently supports Android versions 4.4.x and higher.
- Okta support for version 4.0.4 ended on January 16, 2017.
- Android for Work (AfW) is supported on Android versions 5.1.1 and higher.