Set up Android Enterprise
About Okta Mobility Management
- The OMMAn acronym for Okta Mobility Management. OMM enables you to manage your users' mobile devices, applications, and data. Your users enroll in the service and can then download and use managed apps from the Apps Store. Managed apps are typically work-related, such as Box or Expensify. As an administrator, you can remove managed apps and associated data from users' devices at any time. You can configure policies, such as data sharing controls, on any of your managed apps. See Configuring Okta Mobility Management for more information. menu is available only to orgs that implement Okta Mobility Management (OMM).
- Operations documented in this article are available only to customers who have already purchased OMM for their organization. New OMM sales are not supported. For more information, contact Okta Support.
Before you begin, make sure that your end users have:
- An Android enterprise account. For details, see the Google article Managed Google Play Help.
- Uploaded your Android appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. in Google Play for Work. For details, see the Google article Publish private apps.
- Enroll your Android enterprise account with Okta by navigating to Devices > Mobile Policies.
- In the Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console, go to OMM > OMM Policies.
- Click Android for Work Setup and then click Create Managed Google Play Accounts enterprise.
- When you are redirected to the Google Play Console, enroll your Android enterprise account. Use the same Gmail account that you used to upload your private app and that you will use to administer your Google Play store.
After you add your email, you are enrolled and redirected back to the Okta OMM Policies page. Now you can follow the steps to Upload a private native appTop