Assign an application to groups
When applications share the same group they are "linked". This can be helpful if you need provisioning functionality in an SSOAn acronym for single sign-on. In a SSO system, a user logs in once to the system and can access multiple systems without being prompted to sign in for each one. Okta is a cloud-based SSO platform that allows users to enter one name and password to access multiple applications. Users can access all of their web applications, both behind the firewall and in the cloud, with a single sign in. Okta provides a seamless experience across PCs, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.-enabled appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in..
- On the Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console, click Applications.
- Enter the name of the application in the Search field.
- Click the application name and select the Assignments tab.
- Locate the group you want to assign the application to and click Assign.
- Complete the fields in the Assign <application name> to Groups dialog.
Click Save and go back.
The Assigned button for the group is disabled to indicate the application is assigned to the group.
- Optional. Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 to assign the application to additional groups.
- Click Done.