Automatically deactivate app users
Automatic user deactivation deactivates a user’s application account when it is unassigned in Okta or the Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- On the Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console, go to Applications > Applications.
- Enter the application name in the Search field.
- Click the application name and click the ProvisioningProvisioning is the enterprise-wide configuration, deployment, and management of multiple types of IT system resources. Specifically, provisioning provides users access to equipment, software, or services. This involves creating, maintaining and deactivating required business process automation objects and attributes in systems, directories, and applications. tab.
- Select To App in the SETTINGS list.
- Click Edit in the Provisioning to App area.
- Click Enable for the Deactivate User option and click Save.