Configure application provisioning
Provision an application to manage the user lifecycle between Okta and the application.
- On the Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console, click Applications.
- Enter the name of the application in the Search field.
- Click the application name and click the ProvisioningProvisioning is the enterprise-wide configuration, deployment, and management of multiple types of IT system resources. Specifically, provisioning provides users access to equipment, software, or services. This involves creating, maintaining and deactivating required business process automation objects and attributes in systems, directories, and applications. tab.
- Click Configure API Integration.
Select Enable API integration.
Complete these fields:
- Username: Enter the application administrator username.
- Password + Token: Enter the application password and security token.
- Push Null Values: Select this option to pass null values to Okta.
- Import GroupsGroups allow you to organize your end users and the apps they can access. Assigning apps to large sets of end users is made easier with groups.: Selected by default. To remove application groups from Okta, clear the check box and then click Continue in the Disable Import Groups dialog box.
Optional. Click Test API Credentials to test your API credentials.
If an error occurs, enter your credentials again.
Select To AppAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. in the SETTINGS list to specify the application provisioning options.
- Select the provisioning options and click Save.
- Optional. Scroll down to the Attribute Mappings area and click Go to Profile Editor.
- Click Mappings and click the Okta User to <application name> tab.
- Edit the attributes and click Save Mappings.
- Click Apply updates now.