Uninstall and reinstall an Okta Provisioning Agent
Before you remove an Okta ProvisioningProvisioning is the enterprise-wide configuration, deployment, and management of multiple types of IT system resources. Specifically, provisioning provides users access to equipment, software, or services. This involves creating, maintaining and deactivating required business process automation objects and attributes in systems, directories, and applications. AgentA software agent is a lightweight program that runs as a service outside of Okta. It is typically installed behind a firewall and allows Okta to tunnel communication between an on-premises service and Okta's cloud service. Okta employs several agent types: Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, RSA, Active Directory Password Sync, and IWA. For example, users can install multiple Active Directory agents to ensure that the integration is robust and highly available across geographic locations., Okta recommend that you have one or more additional agents configured to avoid an interruption of service. When you uninstall and reinstall an Okta Provisioning Agent, you must decide whether or not you also want to remove the old Okta token. If you are performing an upgrade, removingthe token is not mandatory. To remove the API token, you must delete the Okta Provisioning Agent folder, and then deactivate and remove your old agent.
Uninstall on Linux
- Sign in to your Linux server as root.
- Enter yum remove OktaProvisioningAgent.
Uninstall on Windows
- On your Windows desktop, go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Select Okta Provisioning Agent, and then click Uninstall.
Go to \Program Files (x86)\Okta and delete the Okta Provisioning Agent folder. Deleting this folder removes the agent configuration data and the API Token from your hard drive. The API token for the server is still valid in Okta so it is important to remove the configuration data.
Reinstall the Okta Provisioning Agent
Installing the Okta Provisioning Agent does not overwrite the configuration data in the Okta Provisioning Agent folder. If you want to reinstall and create a new API token, delete the Okta Provisioning Agent folder before you reinstall the provisioning agent. Then perform the following steps to reinstall the Okta Provisioning Agent and deactivate and remove the old Okta Provisioning Agent.
- Install the Okta Provisioning Agent. See Install the Okta Provisioning Agent.
- On the Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console, go to Dashboard > Agents.
- Confirm that your reinstalled Okta Provisioning Agent appears in the list. You should always have at least one Okta Provisioning Agent online with a status of Active.
- In On-Premises Agents, click the Activate drop-down menu of the old agent and then select Deactivate. The status changes to Inactive.
- Select the Inactive drop-down menu for the agent that you want to remove, and then select Delete.
- For all on-premises provisioning apps, set the new agent as one of the provisioning agents that serve that appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. or connector.
Note: If you are performing an upgrade or reinstallation and you do not want to revoke the Okta API token of the old provisioning agent, the procedure is complete. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.