Upgrade an Okta Provisioning Agent
Upgrade the Okta ProvisioningProvisioning is the enterprise-wide configuration, deployment, and management of multiple types of IT system resources. Specifically, provisioning provides users access to equipment, software, or services. This involves creating, maintaining and deactivating required business process automation objects and attributes in systems, directories, and applications. AgentA software agent is a lightweight program that runs as a service outside of Okta. It is typically installed behind a firewall and allows Okta to tunnel communication between an on-premises service and Okta's cloud service. Okta employs several agent types: Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, RSA, Active Directory Password Sync, and IWA. For example, users can install multiple Active Directory agents to ensure that the integration is robust and highly available across geographic locations. to get the latest features and functionality. During an upgrade, the service is stopped if it is running and it is not automatically started after an upgrade. The upgrade echoes the exact command needed to start the service.
- Sign in as root to you server.
- Copy the OktaProvisioningAgent*.rpm and okta-jre*.rpm to a scratch directory, and then cd to that directory.
- Determine if you have a previous version of the provisioning agent on your server by entering the following command:
- Use yum to upgrade the provisioning agent by entering the following command:
- To restart your provisioning agent, enter the following command.
- To confirm that the provisioning agent is running, enter the following command:
rpm -q OktaProvisioningAgent
If it is present on the server, your command returns the name and current version.
yum localupdate <package name>
For example, yum localupdate OktaProvisioningAgent*.rpm
service OktaProvisioningAgent start
service OktaProvisioningAgent status
The process automatically restarts after the upgrade is complete.
See Install the Okta Provisioning Agent. You do not have to uninstall the previous Okta Provisioning Agent. Installing a new Okta Provisioning Agent replaces the previous version.Top