- What's the current release and when's the next one?
- Where do I find the current version and org type for my org?
- How does Okta release product features, enhancements, and fixes?
- What's the naming convention for monthly releases and weekly updates?
- What's the difference between Preview and Production releases?
- What are Early Access features and Generally Available features?
- How do I find release notes for a specific release?
1. What's the current release and when is the next one?
|Production||2020.05.3||2020.06.0 Production release is scheduled to begin deployment on June 5|
2020.06.1 Preview release is scheduled to begin deployment on June 10
2. Where do I find the current version and org type for my org?
- Sign in to the Okta adminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. console. The page footer provides the following information for your orgThe Okta container that represents a real-world organization.:
- Release version
- Org Type: Preview or Production
- Cell Number
3. How does Okta release product features, enhancements, and fixes?
- Generally AvailableGenerally Available features are available to all orgs automatically according to each customer's SKU. You don’t need to enable them in the console or contact Okta Support. (GA) and Early AccessEarly Access (EA) features are opt-in features that you can try out in your org by asking Okta Support to enable them. Additionally, the Features page in the Okta Admin Console (Settings > Features) allows Super Admins to enable and disable some EA features themselves. (EA) features
- Feature enhancements
- New appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. integrations
- General fixes and app integrations that are low-impact
Monthly Releases occur once a month and include:
Weekly Updates are deployed after a monthly release and include:
4. What's the naming convention for monthly releases and weekly updates?
- 2019.04.0 — Monthly release for April 2019 (.04 = month number, .0 = monthly release)
- 2019.04.2 — Weekly update for April 2019 (.04 = month number, .2 = second weekly update after monthly release)
Monthly releases and weekly updates use the following convention based on their date of deployment:
5. What's the difference between Preview and Production releases?
- Preview release: Features, enhancements, fixes, and integrations are deployed to preview orgs only.
- Production release: Features, enhancements, fixes, and integrations are deployed to production orgs.
Note: Most features and enhancements that are introduced in a preview release are typically made available in the production build of the next monthly release.
6. What are Early Access features and Generally Available features?
Early Access (EA): Opt-in features made available by request to Okta Support.
Super Admins can enable or disable some EA features via the admin console under Settings > Features.
Generally Available (GA): Features made available to all orgs automatically based on customer SKU.
7. How do I find release notes for a specific release?
Release notes are published and maintained on help.okta.com.
All release types are located under Release Notes in the left-hand navigation pane:
|Release Notes Type||Description|
Release notes for monthly releases and weekly updates that have been deployed to Production for the past three months.
For older release notes, refer to Archive.
Release notes for monthly releases and weekly updates that have been deployed to Preview.
For features from previous months that remain in Preview, refer to Additional Preview-only features.
Release notes for EA opt-in features made available by request to Okta Support.
|Okta Mobile Release Notes||Release notes for Okta Mobile and Okta Verify.|
|API Release Notes||
API release notes published to the Okta Developer website.