Generate a random password
Okta's random password generator allows end users to create strong and secure random passwords when they change the passwords of their currently-integrated SWA apps.
- Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari browsers.
- An admin must enable the option User sets username and password in the app's sign-on settings. For more information on setting up an app, see Using the App Integration Wizard - SWA Apps.
- Sign in to an app that is currently integrated in Okta.
- Then, in the app, navigate to the change password page.
- When you begin changing the password, the Okta Change password popup opens. You can choose any of the following:
- To accept the suggested password, click Fill form with New Password.
- To generate a new random password, click the curved arrow.
- To change the password's complexity, click the gear icon for configuration controls.
- To use the current password, click Or just fill current password