Generate a random password
Okta's random password generator allows end usersIn Okta literature, we generally refer to "end users" as the people who have their own Okta home page (My Applications), using chiclets to authenticate into all of their apps. End users do not have any administrative control. When we refer to "users" we are generally referring to the individual(s) who have administrative control. to create strong and secure random passwords when they change the passwords of their currently-integrated SWAAn acronym for Secure Web Authentication. SWA is a SSO system developed by Okta to provide single sign-on for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods or SAML. Users can enter their credentials for these apps on their homepage. These credentials are stored such that users can access their apps without entering their credentials each time. When users first sign-in to a SWA app from their homepage, they see a pop-up message asking if they were able to sign-in successfully. apps.
- Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari browsers.
- An adminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. must enable the option User sets username and password in the appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in.'s sign-on settings. For more information on setting up an app, see Using the App Integration Wizard - SWA Apps.
- Sign in to an app that is currently integrated in Okta.
- Then, in the app, navigate to the change password page.
- When you begin changing the password, the Okta Change password popup opens. You can choose any of the following:
- To accept the suggested password, click Fill form with New Password.
- To generate a new random password, click the curved arrow.
- To change the password's complexity, click the gear icon for configuration controls.
- To use the current password, click Or just fill current password