Manage Early Access and Beta features
Super admins can enable some Early Access and Beta features for your org without needing to ask Okta Support to enable the feature for you (assuming your org is eligible for the feature). For each Early Access or Beta, a banner appears in Okta online help to indicate whether the feature can be enabled by Super admins or Okta Support.
Note: Features that must be enabled by Okta Support typically require additional configuration not possible through this self-service option. These features are listed for your awareness, but are grayed out. You must contact Okta Support to enable these features.
You can disable the features you've enabled by deselecting them in Settings > Features. Early Access features that you disable are re-enabled by Okta automatically when the feature becomes Generally Available.
You can also track availability of Early Access features on the Product Roadmap available in the Okta Help Center.
Note about Betas
Beta features are typically used to validate features with a small subset of customers with limited documentation and support in non-Production environments.
Open Betas are available for anyone to enroll in. Once you have enrolled in a Beta program, you receive an email that includes a link to the documentation and a Feedback document. Okta encourages you to provide your feedback on the Beta feature so that we may improve our product functionality. If you choose to disable the Beta feature, please provide any feedback prior to disabling the feature. Once you disable the feature the Feedback link is no longer available.
Once the Beta testing period is over, users can no longer enroll in the program and the Beta appears in the Closed Beta section.
A Beta may also be closed because it is restricted to customers with specific use cases. In this case, you are unable to enroll in the Beta from the Feature Manager.
- In the Admin Console, go to Settings > Features. All features that your organization is eligible to use based on your subscription are listed.
- Select whether you want to auto-enroll your org in all future Early Access features. You will be asked to confirm your selection. As Early Access features become available, your organization will automatically have access to those features. Super admins will receive an email when the auto-enroll feature is enabled, or if auto-enrollment fails.
Note: Auto-enroll also includes Early Access features with known limitations as described above, without prompting you to view and accept the limitations.
- Click Edit.
- Select the features you want to enable. If available, click the help icons for details about the feature.
- If a feature you want to enable has a dependency, it is grayed out until you enable the dependency by clicking on the link or clicking the check box for that dependency.
- If you want to disable a feature that is a dependency for other features that are enabled, you are prompted to disable any features dependent on the feature you are enabling.Screenshot
- If you want to enable a feature that has known limitations such as compatibility restrictions or other limitations, you will see a dialog box describing the limitations and can either accept them to enable the feature, or Cancel.
- Click Save.
Early Access features that become Generally Available are removed from the list automatically and enabled for all orgs eligible to have it.