This is a Beta feature. To see about participating in this Beta program, please refer to the Beta Programs page.
With this feature enabled, admins that sign in to the adminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. dashboard are presented with a new way to confirm and verify security settings, which can be enabled or disabled directly from the landing page.
The following security settings can be enabled or disabled for your orgThe Okta container that represents a real-world organization. if they are available for your account:
- Email notifications for unknown or new devices (end usersIn Okta literature, we generally refer to "end users" as the people who have their own Okta home page (My Applications), using chiclets to authenticate into all of their apps. End users do not have any administrative control. When we refer to "users" we are generally referring to the individual(s) who have administrative control.)
- Email notifications when enrolling in MFA (end usersIn Okta literature, we generally refer to "users" as the people who serve as Okta administrators. When we refer to "end users" we are generally referring to the people who the administrators serve. That is, those who use Okta chiclets to access their apps, but have no administrative control.)
- Email notifications when resetting MFA (end users)
- Multi-factor authentication for access to administrative settings (admins)
|User Role||User Impact|
|Okta Admin||A new confirmation message for security settings appears on the admin dashboard homepage.|
|End User||Impacted by security settings for email notifications when these settings are enabled or disabled by an admin.|
Your Okta preview tenant must have the beta feature flag enabled:
Note: You will be informed via email once the feature flag has been enabled on your preview account.
Accessing and using this feature
- Sign in to the admin dashboard.
- Under Security Tips, click Enable security features. The Security Checklist screen appears.
- Review each setting and enable or disable each as needed.
- Save your settings to proceed with your changes.
If all settings have been enabled, a message appears confirming the checklist has been completed.
If one or more settings are disabled, a reminder to enable them will be displayed until they are enabled or the message is dismissed manually.
Note: These settings may also be configured by navigating to Security > General. For more information, refer to General Security.