These settings can also be configured by navigating to Security > General. For more information, refer to General Security.
The following security settings can be enabled or disabled for your orgThe Okta container that represents a real-world organization. if they are available for your account:
- Email notifications for unknown or new devices (end usersEnd users are people in your org without administrative control. They can authenticate into apps from the icons on their My Applications home page, but they are provisioned, deprovisioned, assigned, and managed by admins.)
- Email notifications when enrolling in MFA (end users)
- Email notifications when resetting MFA (end users)
- Multi-factor authentication for access to administrative settings (admins)
|User Role||User Impact|
|Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page.||A new confirmation message for security settings appears on the admin dashboard homepage.|
|End User||Impacted by security settings for email notifications when these settings are enabled or disabled by an admin.|
Accessing and using this feature
- Sign in to the admin dashboard.
- Under Security Tips, click Enable security features. The Security Checklist screen appears.
- Review each setting and enable or disable each as needed.
- Save your settings to proceed with your changes.
If all settings have been enabled, a message appears confirming the checklist has been completed.
If one or more settings are disabled, a reminder to enable them will be displayed until they are enabled or the message is dismissed manually.
Security Checklist and any recommendations about your security practices is not legal, security, or business advice. The Security Checklist features is intended for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the most current market and legal developments nor all relevant business or legal issues. You are responsible for obtaining legal, security, or business advice from your own lawyer or other professional advisor and should not rely on Security Checklist. Okta is not liable to you for any loss or damages that may result from your implementation of the recommendations in Security Checklist except as otherwise explicitly agreed to in the signed Master Subscription Agreement (or other such agreement addressing the same subject matter), between you and Okta.