Specify an error page
This part of the Configuring Inbound SAML workflow (LINK) is optional.
You can specify an error page where users are redirected if Okta fails to process a social IdP login, inbound SAML assertion, or IWA SSO token.
Before you begin
Complete these tasks before you specify an error page:
Start this task
- In the Admin Console, go to Security > Identity Providers.
- Click the gear icon next to the Add Identity Provider button
- Configure the following settings.
- Use the default Okta error page: Users are redirected to the default Okta error page.
- Use a custom error page: Users are redirected to the fully qualified URL of your custom error page. This option is useful if you embed Okta into your solution and you want to control end-to-end branding to enhance the end-user experience. The custom error page you specify applies to all IdP and IWA users in your organization.
The custom error page setting does not apply to sign-in failures caused by an unknown user or a JIT failure. In these cases, users are redirected to their Okta sign-in page.