Manage Early Access and Beta features
Super admins can bypass Okta Support and enable self-service Early Access and beta features for their org. In Help Center, EA features display a banner indicating whether they are self-service or require additional configuration by Okta Support.
- In the Admin Console, go to Settings > Features. All features that your organization is eligible to use based on your subscription are listed.
- Select whether you want to auto-enroll your org in all future Early Access features. Super admins will receive an email when their org is auto-enrolled in an EA feature or if the auto-enrollment fails. Note: Auto-enroll also includes Early Access features with known limitations, without prompting you to view and accept the limitations.
- Click Edit.
- Select the features you want to enable. Click the help icons for details about the feature.
- If a feature that you want to enable has a dependency, it is grayed out until you enable the dependency by clicking on the link or selecting the check box for that dependency.
- If you want to remove a feature that is a dependency for other enabled features, you are prompted to remove the dependent feature.Screenshot
- If you want to enable a feature that has known limitations such as compatibility restrictions or other limitations, you will see a dialog box describing the limitations and can either accept them to enable the feature, or Cancel.
- Click Save.
- Early Access features that become Generally Available are removed from the list and automatically enabled for all eligible orgs.
- You can track the availability of Early Access features on the Product Roadmap available in the Okta Help Center.
- Beta features are used to validate features in non-production environments. Betas have a small subset of customers and offer limited documentation and support.
- Open betas are available to everyone. Super admins who enroll are emailed a link to the documentation and a feedback document. The feedback link is not available after you remove the beta feature, so it's important to provide feedback prior to ending the beta.
- Closed betas are restricted to customers with specific use cases. Betas that have passed their testing period are also listed here. Closed Beta section and is no longer available for enrollment.