Admins: Please provide these instructions to your end usersIn Okta literature, we generally refer to "end users" as the people who have their own Okta home page (My Applications), using chiclets to authenticate into all of their apps. End users do not have any administrative control. When we refer to "users" we are generally referring to the individual(s) who have administrative control. to help them use this feature.
End usersIn Okta literature, we generally refer to "users" as the people who serve as Okta administrators. When we refer to "end users" we are generally referring to the people who the administrators serve. That is, those who use Okta chiclets to access their apps, but have no administrative control. can configure the following options in the Okta browser plugin:
- Recommend secure passwords for apps — The Okta plugin will recommend secure passwords when you register for new apps and/or reset appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. passwords (assuming these features are enabled for your orgThe Okta container that represents a real-world organization.).
- Prompt to save apps to your Okta dashboard — The Okta plugin will offer to save your app credentials and create the app on your Okta dashboard when:
- You manually log in to an app (whether in the Okta Integration Network (OINAn acronym for the Okta Integration Network. The OIN is comprised of thousands of public, pre-integrated business and consumer applications. As an on-demand service, OIN integrations are continuously validated, always up to date, and constantly growing both in number and capability. Okta performs a single integration with an ISV or SP, providing thousands of end users with point-and-click customization for their orgs.) or not) that is not already on your dashboard
- You register for an app that is in the OIN but not already on your dashboard
After you click the submit button (for example, login or register button), the Okta browser plugin detects the action and offers to save the app.
- Enable Okta Plugin logs — Displays Okta plugin activity on the developer console.
- Reset Okta plugin — Click to refresh the Okta browser plugin cache if there's a problem with the plugin.