Step 2: Build a user creation Flow
To build a user creation Flow:
- In the Flows tab, click Create a Flow Now.
- Name your Flow
1) User Created in Okta, and select Save All Data. Click Save.
- Click Add Event, and then select Okta from the menu of applications.
- In the Okta Events menu, select User Created.
- Click Add Action, and then select Okta from the menu of applications.
- In the Okta Actions menu, select Read User.
- In the Attributes list, select Username, First name, Last name, contractor, and Activation Date. Click Done.
- Drag and drop the Okta User ID from the User Created card to the ID or Login field of the Read User card.
- Click Add Another > Function > Branching > Continue If.
- In the Continue If card, change the value a and value b field types to
- Drag and drop the contractor field from the Read User card to the value a field of the Continue If card.
- In the Continue If card, set the comparison field to
- In the Continue If card, enter the following in the message field: User is not a contractor.
- Save the Flow.