Manually add users when they join your org. After you add the user, you can assign them to apps and groups and manage their profile.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > People.
- Click Add Person.
Select a user type in the User type list or accept the default. See About custom user types in Universal Directory
- Complete these fields:
- First name — Enter the user's first name.
- Last name — Enter the user's last name.
- Username — Enter the user's user name in email format.
- Primary email — Enter the user's primary email if it's different from their username.
- Secondary email — Optional. Enter a secondary email to allow the user to access information when their primary email is unavailable.
- Groups — Optional. Enter the groups to which the user belongs.
- Password — Select Set by user to allow the user to set their password, or select Set by admin and enter a password.
- Send user activation now - Optional. This check box is available when Set by user is selected as the password option. Select this check box to send a user activation email to the user.
- User must change password on first login — Optional. This check box is selected by default when you select Set by admin as the password option. Clear this check box if you do not want the user to change their password when they first log in.
- Click Save or click Save and Add Another to add another user.