Configure Group Linking
To demonstrate how to configure Group Linking, this procedure uses G Suite. To determine if your application integration supports group linking, check the Capabilities tab for the application in the Okta Integration Network integration catalog. See Okta Integration Network.
- Access your Okta instance of G Suite (Google Apps).
- Click Refresh App Groups to update any imports or changes that occurred in the third-party app. This ensures that all groups from the target app are represented in Okta.
- Click the Action button (Group Push Settings) if you want the ability to rename a group in the third-party app when linking.
- Choose the Push Groups tab.
- In the By name column, use a keyword to find the group in Okta.
- When the group appears in the table, click the Match results and push action drop-down menu to:
- Create Group: This group does not exist in the target app, but it can now be pushed from Okta to the app. This is group push without enhanced functionality.
- Link Group: This group does exist in the target app, but it is now linked to Okta and shown under the Group in Google Apps column. Use the drop-down menu to find an existing group in the target app by keyword.