Enable Group Push
Use Group Push to push existing Okta groups and their memberships to provisioning-enabled, third-party applications.
Groups can be added by name or by rule. If the app is not listed under Enhanced Group Push, you cannot push groups or group names that already exist in the target app.
- In the Admin Console, click Applications.
- Optional. Enter the name of the application in the Search field.
- Click the application name in the applications list.
- Click the Push Groups tab.
Click Push Groups and select one of these options:
- Find groups by name: Select this option to locate groups by name. Clear the Push group memberships immediately check box if you don’t want the selected membership pushed to the target app immediately.
- Find groups by rule: Select this option to create a search rule that pushes matching groups to the app. When you have created your rule, clear the Push group memberships immediately check box if you don’t want the membership pushed to the target app immediately. Click Create Rule and the rule name is shown when you select By rule in the PUSHED GROUPS list.
- Optional. Click Bulk Edit to delete, deactivate, or activate groups.
Optional. To deactivate group push, unlink pushed groups, or push group memberships immediately, click Active / Inactive for a group and select one of these options:
- Deactivate group push: Select this option to pause group synchronization. The group is retained in the app. You can continue to keep adding new members to the group, but the members won't appear in the target app.
Unlink pushed group: Select this option to permanently remove the group from Okta and the app. Select one of these options in the Unlink Pushed Group dialog:
- Delete the group in the target app: Select this option to delete the group and all its associated memberships. Click Unlink.
- Leave the group in the target app: Select this option to stop pushing memberships and keep the group in the target app. Click Unlink.
Push Now: Select this option to push memberships immediately and synchronize Okta and the target app. All memberships are overwritten and Okta becomes the group master. When this option is selected for Active Directory, only the newest members are pushed to the group and memberships are not overwritten.
- Optional. Click the information icon to display group creation information and the push type.