Register for an Okta account
If you're a new Okta user and your org requires that you create your own account, you'll need to sign up for an account and complete your user profile.
- Open a web browser and go to your org's URL.
- On the Okta Sign In page, click Sign up.
- On the Create Account page, enter this information:
- First name
- Last name
Your org may require additional profile fields, and field names may vary. The primary email address that you provide is also your username
- Click Register.
- Open your email client and click the link in your Welcome to Okta message.
Your account is created and you are redirected to the Sign In page.
- Enter your username and password and click Sign In. Your primary email address is your username.
- On the Welcome page, complete these fields:
- Choose a forgot password question.
- Optional. Add a phone number so that Okta can send account recovery instructions using SMS.
- Choose a security image. This image appears on your organization's sign-in page so that you can be sure you're signing in to a trusted site.
You are directed to your User Dashboard.
- Optional. Click the menu by your name, select Settings, click Edit Profile, and edit these settings on the Account page:
- Update your Personal Information.
- Choose a security image.
- Set up Okta Verify.
- Change your display language.
- Change your password.
- Select and answer a forgotten password question.
- Add a phone number to receive forgotten password text messages.